[Sqg-program] Deadline for NAHMMA Florida Chapter Executive Committee nominations

Javier, Gerry Javier at epchc.org
Wed Aug 6 08:12:27 EDT 2014

Dear Florida NAHMMA Membership:

Just a reminder about the upcoming elections for the Florida Chapter of the North American Hazardous Materials Management Association (NAHMMA) Executive Committee.  There are nine Executive Committee members that conduct the business of the chapter membership.  This year we have three positions whose terms are expiring.  Each position is a 3-year term.  In addition, we have a current vacancy on the committee whose term expires in 2015.

 *   Curt DeBrunner (EQ - A US Ecology Company)
 *   Bob Madden  (Solid Waste Authority - Palm Beach County)
 *   Rita Perini (Brevard County)
 *   Nicole Roe (Cliff Berry) - term expires in 2015
If you like sharing your opinions, enjoy making things happen and have a passion for hazardous materials management, then you should consider running for a position on the Executive Committee this year!  We are always looking for new faces that are dedicated to the HHW and SQG Programs.  To run, you simply need to be a current NAHMMA member.  Send a short bio with your experience and a statement on how you feel you can contribute to the NAHMMA organization.  This nomination must be emailed to me no later than the end of business day Friday, August 8th.

NAHMMA is a professional membership organization dedicated to pollution prevention and reducing the hazardous constituents entering municipal waste streams from households, small businesses and other entities.  NAHMMA chapters are organized to provide a local forum for NAHMMA members facilitating peer-group interaction and exchange of ideas and information relating to hazardous materials management.

There are nine Executive Committee members with four of those holding titles of President, Vice-President, Treasurer and Secretary.  These and the other five members assist with various chapter committees such as the workshop planning, training, membership and web.  The three executive committee members whose terms will be expiring this year and the one vacancy on the committee will be voted in by the membership.   Three committee members will be voted in for a 3 year term and one committee member will be voted in to fill the term that expires in 2015.  The individuals voted on by you would begin their term at the annual conference on August 19, 2014.  The positions held within the Executive Committee will be determined by the entire Executive Committee at our first meeting, which will be held at the annual Conference in Orlando on Tuesday, August 19th.  Regular board meetings are held as needed via conference call.

Thank you for your consideration.  Remember to respond with your bio no later than Friday, August 8th

Gerry Javier
Environmental Protection Commission of Hillsborough County<http://www.epchc.org/>
813-627-2600 ext. 1306
javier at epchc.org<mailto:javier at epchc.org>

EPC Vision:  Environmental Excellence in a Changing World