gis-l: Wed. Morning: GIS Emergency Support Layers & Imagery

Jackson, Kimberly D. Kimberly.D.Jackson at dep.state.fl.us
Wed Sep 13 08:44:20 EDT 2017

Good morning,

In addition to the Storm Tracker layers that are traditionally shared to SERT GATOR (the DEM GIS Application used at the EOC), the following recent GIS Emergency response applications and data are all up and running this morning. I spoke to Bob Brantley this morning and the beaches staff will be using the Debris Reporter launched by ESRI / DEM starting tomorrow. We will have a web map of these debris sites later this week.

We are coordinating with Jason Ray, the GIS Admin at DEM, to keep you apprised of all the imagery resources that are and will be available.  NOAA, FEMA and others are actively flying the State at regular intervals.  Gary has made the first batch of imagery from NOAA available to you via Map Direct.

NOTE:
The layer list shows the layer as not available, but this if not true. Otherwise, they draw fine, although you cannot turn them on and off, since it thinks they are broken. I will send a follow up once this is addressed.
Since these are not GisServer map services, the map service link on the layer details doesn't work right, but the metadata works:
The layers are in the Add Data Catalog tool.
[cid:image004.png at 01D32C6C.7AA414A0]

Here is Key West imagery initially visible and zoomed to extent of imagery:
https://ca.dep.state.fl.us/mapdirect/?focus=standard&ts=1505252078735&customized=standard&zoom=latlon&latDD=24.57126991&lonDD=-81.73789136&scale=144448&basemap=topo&topics=*storms_cdn_ngs_noaa_gov_20170911a_rgb
Metadata: https://floridadisaster.maps.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=d826cbeab5c24a5b9d7c7cb44416c9ea

Here is SW coast imagery initially available and zoomed to available extent:
https://cadev.dep.state.fl.us/mapdirect/?focus=standard&ts=1505252419828&customized=standard&zoom=latlon&latDD=26.4613017&lonDD=-82.36425223&scale=1155582&basemap=topo&topics=*storms_cdn_ngs_noaa_gov_20170911b_rgb
Metadata: https://floridadisaster.maps.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=7e64bea4cc9549aeb28cffc96ad41f69

Here are both initially visible zoomed to available extent of both:
https://ca.dep.state.fl.us/mapdirect/?focus=standard&ts=1505252351806&customized=standard&zoom=latlon&latDD=25.79551235&lonDD=-81.36998954&scale=2311163&basemap=topo&topics=*storms_cdn_ngs_noaa_gov_20170911a_rgb,*storms_cdn_ngs_noaa_gov_20170911b_rgb

Other layers can be added on top as usual, and other base maps and the historical imagery tool can also be used with these layers as usual. Until we are able to turn them off and on, you can use the transparency tool in the right click menu, to see other layers and base maps simultaneously.  Please e-mail me with any questions related to these imagery data.

  1.  Fuel Survey
  2.  Parks Rapid Assessment Survey
  3.  Hazardous waste facility rankings
  4.  Windshield Pre-storm beach surveys
[cid:image006.jpg at 01D32C6C.7AA414A0]
[cid:image008.jpg at 01D32C6C.7AA414A0]

[cid:image014.jpg at 01D32C6C.7AA414A0]

[cid:image015.jpg at 01D32C6C.7AA414A0]

Thank you. Kimberly

Kimberly Jackson, GISP
GIS Manager
Office of Technology and Information Services
2600 Blair Stone Road, MS 6520
Tallahassee, FL 32399-2400

Open Data Portal<geodata.dep.state.fl.us>; FDEP Interactive Map Gallery<http://fdep.maps.arcgis.com/home/>

phone: (850) 245-8296