[Pharmwaste] Re: Pharmwaste Digest, Vol 45, Issue 3

VeoraLittle at aol.com VeoraLittle at aol.com
Mon Jul 13 15:03:46 EDT 2009

In Collier County, Florida, YRD's (Youth Relations Deputy) from the Collier
 County Sheriff's office are assigned to all schools (including private)
These officers collect controlled substances (from the school nurses who
administer them)  at the end of each semester. They are treated as  abandoned
property, secured and incinerated under the same procedure and policy  that
Operation Medicine Cabinet secures medications from the public.

Non controlled medications are collected by Hazardous Waste management and
incinerated.

In a message dated 7/13/2009 1:50:48 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,