[Pharmwaste] Avg #s per box per month?

Shield, Margaret Margaret.Shield at kingcounty.gov
Tue Jun 18 21:34:41 EDT 2013

In addition to weight measurements and per capita calculations, I think it's also key to try to do some analysis on extent of the promotion of the drop-box program to residents.  That will help put your metrics into context.

Some aggregate collection data from WA state's voluntary take-back programs are listed here:

http://www.takebackyourmeds.org/what-you-can-do/washingtonians-use-medicine-take-back-programs-1

Current population estimates of coutnies and cities is available here: http://www.ofm.wa.gov/pop/april1/default.asp

Margaret Shield PhD, Policy Liaison
Local Hazardous Waste Management Program in King County
(c) 206-265-9732
Local Governments for Health and the Environment - www.lhwmp.org