shrug-l: ERDAS Follow-up

Greg Mauldin GregM@mail.co.leon.fl.us
Wed, 14 Aug 2002 11:48:17 -0400

Hi Joe,

We aren't doing any image processing here at the local government level, =
but I know there is a good bit of image work in various state agencies =
(DOT, DEP, FWC, etc...).

I like the idea of an "Image Summit". You guys could sign up for a 90 =
minute panel discussion under the abstract submission option. Just go to =
the SHRUG site and click on Submit Abstract Online and fill out the form. =
That will enter you into our Access database.

Greg

Greg Mauldin
GIS Project Manager
Tallahassee-Leon County GIS
850/488-8020
gregm@mail.co.leon.fl.us

>>> "JOE Noble" <JNOBLE@ttrs.org> 08/14/02 11:10AM >>>
Thanks to those that responded to my earlier post.  I did work out some of =
the problems I was having using the ERDAS Field Guide last night and was =
able to produce a high resolution pan-sharpened image for a scene within =
the county, although I still have many questions on the process and =
parameters.=20

I am curious though about how many folks we have doing image processing/cla=
ssification/analysis in our community.  I would suspect that there are a =
few with varying degrees of expertise out there somewhere.  Basil are you =
on vacation?   Would anyone be interested in blocking out 1-2 hours at the =
SHRUG Conference to hold a "Image Summit" as Linc suggested to me earlier =
today?  I am sure I could get some folks from ERDAS in Atlanta down if =
they have not scheduled already.

Some of the possible topics might include:

Image Processing

Storage

Classification Techniques

Orthorectification

etc.....etc.....

Let me know if you are interested and I will help coordinate.  Joe

Joe Noble
GIS/IS Coordinator
Tall Timbers Research Station
850-893-4153 ext 232