shrug-l: Census Data

Tim.Cannon at dca.state.fl.us Tim.Cannon at dca.state.fl.us
Wed Dec 28 11:15:11 EST 2005

Ken:

Try

        http://www.esri.com/data/download/census2000_tigerline/index.html

Timothy Cannon
Senior Planner
Florida Department of Community Affairs
Division of Community Planning
2555 Shumard Oak Blvd.
Tallahassee, Florida  32399
(850) 922-1789
(850) 488-3309 - fax
tim.cannon at dca.state.fl.us

Ken Stocks <turkeyb99 at yahoo.com>
Sent by: shrug-l-bounces at lists.dep.state.fl.us
12/27/2005 04:07 PM

SHRUG <shrug-l at lists.dep.state.fl.us>
cc

Subject
shrug-l: Census Data

Thanks everyone for the previous suggestions.  This
has been one of those days...  I downloaded what i
could from the the US census site and did not get the
attributes that i was looking for.  Can someone tell
me where my shapefiles originated.  I have the ones
from the Census that include blocks, block groups,
etc.  but have no idea where it came from.  The US
census website only allowed me to download digital
statewide boundaries with very little attribute data
to work with.  One of the files that i do have is the
Census Blocks from 1990.  This shapefile has all of
the attributes that I would like to work with
(household income, mobile homes and so on).  Is there
a site that I can download 2000 Census info from in
shapefile format that includes a wider variety of
attributes besides age, sex and race?

Please note:  Florida has a very broad public records law.  Most written
communications to or from state officials regarding state business are
public records available to the public and media upon request.  Your
e-mail communications may be subject to public disclosure.