shrug-l: Batch CLIP and EXPORT

Bret Whiteley bwhiteley at creativeenvironmental.com
Thu Feb 2 08:54:30 EST 2006

Using ArcVIEW 9.1 License does anybody know of a methodology to batch clip a
large polyline file by individual Quarter Quads (QQ) and give the export of
the clip the name of the particular Quarter Quad (QQ)?

I have a large contour shapefile (2 gigs) which I would like to break into
Quarter Quads.  I could do this by painstakingly separating each QQ clipping
the contours and naming the product contours after the clipping QQ.  It just
seems like too easy a process for there not to be an automated way to do
this.

Any Ideas.

Bret.