shrug-l: System Analyst I Position - St. Johns County, FL
Rocky S. Agbunag
ragbunag at co.st-johns.fl.us
Sun Sep 10 10:44:26 EDT 2006
ST. JOHNS COUNTY BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS
Job Title: System Analyst I
Department: Public Works
Annual Pay Range: $35,639.50 - $53,996.82
Purpose of Job:
Technical work in the development and maintenance of the Public Works
Department Asset Inventory System and the Computerized Maintenance
Management System to provide assistance to Public Works staff in using
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Interprets and performs basic spatial analysis on GIS data layers to
produce maps, reports, and other products.
2. Assist in the implementation and maintenance of the Asset Inventory
System and the Computerized Maintenance Management System.
3. Assist in the data conversion, cataloging, and maintaining quality
control of the County's asset data layers as well in the management and
the maintenance of the relational databases for these data layers.
4. Collects data using a Global Positioning System (GPS).
5. Troubleshoot and implement the use of equipment such as laptop, PDA,
GPS receiver and other related peripherals used for asset data
collection and management in the field.
6. Designs, creates, and provides hardcopy and digital maps in a variety
of formats, using GIS software.
7. Develops and maintains County's asset data layers and metadata for
use in the County-wide GIS.
8. Develops computer scripts and programs to assist in performing
9. Organizes presentations of maps and data for public hearings and
10. Provides education, training, and technical support for the Public
Non-essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Limited supervision: Work is performed to a large extent on own
responsibility after assignment, with some choice of method.
Occasionally develops own methods.
1. Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in
Geography, Surveying and Mapping, Computer Science, or related field.
2. A comparable amount of professional certification, education,
training, or experience may be substituted for the minimum
qualifications of the college degree.
3. A minimum of three (3) years experience using GIS for developing
data, creating spatial overlays and preparing maps.
4. Knowledge of principles, techniques, and terminology of Geographic
Information Systems, including Geography, geodetic control, cartography,
relational databases, and Global Positioning Systems (GPS).
5. Working knowledge of ESRI's ArcGIS 9.x platform (ArcMap, ArcSDE,
ArcENGINE), Microsoft Office, Windows operating system. Experience on
using Azteca Systems' Cityworks and programming in ASP .NET, VBScript,
Visual Basic .NET, ArcObjects, and XML is beneficial.
6. Knowledge of data base and spreadsheet software including dBase,
Access and Excel.
7. Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in
8. Must be able to operate standard office equipment, special equipment
and be able to drive automobile, light truck or van.
9. Must be able to comprehend, speak, and write the English language.
ST. JOHNS COUNTY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the SHRUG-L