shrug-l: Joining data from MS Office 2007

Artie.White at kimley-horn.com Artie.White at kimley-horn.com
Wed Apr 2 09:58:05 EDT 2008

I have a project where I am joining data from Excel 2007 to a shapefile.
Because the excel spreadsheets are quite complex, in the past I would basically import the excel file into MS Access, selected the table and specific columns to import, renaming the columns as appropriate. I would then pull the table and the shapefile into ArcGIS and perform a join based  on a common field in the tables. I have done this many times without any problems.
We recently upgraded to Microsoft Office 2007. Now, each time I try to join the data, the attributes come out as "null" values.  I performed this process successfully the week before we upgraded without problem, but now I have the "null" values problem even though I am using the same spreadsheet. The field types are the same as well.
Has anyone else encountered this problem?

Thank you,
Artie

Kimley-Horn and Associates, Inc.
Artie E. White
1725 Hermitage Boulevard
Tallahassee, FL  32308
Ph: (850) 553-3500     Fax: (850) 309-0055
artie.white at kimley-horn.com<mailto:artie.white at kimley-horn.com>
www.kimley-horn.com<http://www.kimley-horn.com>