shrug-l: Rocket City Geospatial 2008/Alabama GIS Symposium Call for Presentations

Dr. Steve Ramroop sramroop at troy.edu
Thu Apr 3 11:11:08 EDT 2008

GIS SYMPOSIUM ATTENDEES
5th GIS Symposium

We have decided to partner with Rocket City Geospatial Conference for our 5th GIS Symposium.

Please note that the academic content of our Symposium will be maintained and attendees will have the opportunity to also attend the other tracks which the Rocket City Geospatial Conference has to offer.  The details of the conference is given below.

We look forward to your submission of presentations.

Thank you for your continued support and interest in our meeting.

Regards,
Steve Ramroop

In conjunction with the 5th Alabama GIS Symposium
The Premier GIS Conference in the Southeast

November 18-20, 2008 -- Huntsville, Alabama
Call for Presentations
The Rocket City Geospatial Conference 2008 will join with the Alabama GIS Symposium in 2008 and we are now calling for presentations for the event. We invite you to participate by submitting an abstract on a broad spectrum of topics related to GIS applications in Alabama and the Southeast. Special topics to consider include:

** Building Information Models and GIS integration
** Drought Management issues in the Southeast
** Critical Infrastructure Protection

...and others:
   * Visualization and Analysis Tools for Geospatial Decision Support
    * Homeland Security: Emergency Preparedness & Response
    * Metadata, or lack thereof: "The largest crisis in GIS today"
    * Interoperability & OGC Specifications
    * Mobile Geospatial Solutions and Field Service Management
    * Transportation & Utility GIS
    * Web Services for Geospatial Information
    * GIS Certification, Job Classification, Workforce development - Have a jobs board set up at the exhibit hall
    * GIS Data Integration (i.e. Intergraph, ESRI, Bentley, Autodesk, MapInfo and others working together
    * Social and policy issues relating to privacy in regard location tracking
    * Technology transfer from DoD to civilian use
    * Partnerships with DoD, SMDC, and other federal agencies
    * Airborne Digital Camera Technology for Orthophotography and Photogrammetry
    * Statewide applications related to image acquisition
    * Environmental GIS: Enterprise-wide applications, Environmental Assessments, and the price of ignoring both
    * Examples of cooperative enterprise in GIS, successes, problems, solutions - COGS and other cooperative arrangements

Please submit your abstract anytime between now and August 31. Please also designate if you would want the presentation considered specifically for the Alabama GIS Symposium as we will have a separate track of the conference dedicated to topics covered in past symposiums. Designate this in "LINE #2" of the Presentation Title on the Presentation Proposal Form.

Just as last year, the conference will be held at the Huntsville Marriott which is adjacent to the U.S. Space and Rocket Center. Workshops will be offered and we expect that each will provide continuing education credits.

Students! We will have a special poster session for students wishing to offer their research and we will be offering awards to the best posters as judged by the organizing committee. Those wishing to submit a poster can email their 200-word abstract to Nora Parker.

Exhibitors! If you wish to reserve your booth, we will have a similar layout as last year. Download the exhibitor prospectus or contact Jane Elliott by email or at 847-242-0412 for more information. All booths were reserved early last year so, please indicate your preferences - first come, first serve!

Thanks very much for your interest and we hope to see you in November.
Joe Francica
Directions Media Vice Publisher & Conference Chairman
256-650-0205

Conference sponsored by

Copyright Directions Media 2008