shrug-l: Statewide address data coordination

Bob West bobwest2012 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 9 09:13:13 EDT 2013

Richard,

When I was at the Florida House of Representatives I coordinated with Pam
Schenker at Economic and Demographic Research to create the Local Update of
Census Addresses (LUCA). At that time we combined the addresses found on
the Auto Tags, Drivers Licenses, Voter File, and Parcel file into a master
list of addresses. We matched this to the Postal CASS list to verify the
addresses. We also geocoded much of this list to put the addresses on the
map.

This master list was sent to each county and city to match to their local
lists. The local people then sent their finished list to the Census. There
is no master list in Florida of addresses. It would be very helpful if
there were.

The Division of Elections keeps an address range list. I believe that DOR
keeps a list for fire insurance purposes.

--
*Bob West *
9429 Buck Haven Trl
Email: bobwest2012 at gmail.com