shrug-l: RE: Wondering if ArcGIS 10.1 is certified forWindows7(64-bit)

Porter, William B. william.porter at famu.edu
Wed Mar 6 10:38:49 EST 2013

If you set your OS with “Windows Updates” enabled  [you pretty much have to on a government network]  the updates occur automatically,  little security updates and major service patches like 7.1.   Windows 7 already has a couple hundred of these sometimes irritating updates.  I had to wait quite a while for Microsoft to finish with my home machine when I reinstalled the OS.

At work I wasn’t even aware when 7.1 appeared and did its automatic reboot – but it appeared as if by magic.  At home I notice.