shrug-l: Issue connecting ArcGIS Online to an ArcGIS Server map service using REST - Sum

Tripp Corbin tcorbin at egisassociates.com
Fri Jan 31 11:06:55 EST 2014

I was able to get it figured out. Thanks to Derrick Sharp and Richard for
getting me pointed in the right direction.

So the answer was to disable the requirement for an SSL connection in ArcGIS
Online because the REST point connections were using standard http
connections. Once I did that everything worked like a champ. The SSL
connection requirement is enabled by default in your ArcGIS Online for
Organizations account. It appears you have two options to fix this issue.
First it to get an SSL for your ArcGIS Server and connect to the REST
endpoints using https or you disable this requirement.

To disable the requirement do the following:

1.      Login into your AGOL account using an Administrative user

2.      Go to My Organization and click on Edit Settings

3.      Then go to Security located on the left side of the page

4.      Under policies, uncheck the box next to "Allow access to the
organization through SSL only."

5.      Click Save

Hope this helps others that are trying to implement AGOL.

 <mailto:tcorbin at egisassociates.com> tcorbin at egisassociates.com |
www.egisassociates.com

678-710-9710 ext 21 | 866-304-3864 Fax

Esri Certified Trainer | Esri Certified Desktop Associate