shrug-l: crowd sourcing equipment

Erin McCormick Erin_McCormick at neigps.com
Thu Feb 28 11:58:52 EST 2019

I would suggest having your students download the Collector for ArcGIS app on their smartphones and make temporary logins available to your students, I am sure your GIS administrator could assist in making some temporary logins.  They can utilize their smartphones to learn the software and the workflow of publishing to ArcGIS Online, this will be of much more benefit since that is the direction much of the GIS Community is heading right now.  I would be happy to assist in creating some web maps that you can use in the field for data collection.  Since this is for educational purposes I don't think the accuracy of an external receiver would be of as much benefit as learning the latest GIS mobile software/wrokflow.

Thanks,
Erin

Erin McCormick
GIS and Mapping Solutions